Vice-President for Policy and Program Development, FTAC
Work experience includes:
- In the past ten years, experience as a Community Behavioral Health and Family Advocate primarily in the publicly-funded BH system and work toward developing a comprehensive set of Family Inclusion standards in the BH Community service setting.
- Partial Hospital and Outpatient Therapist;
- Direct service and Management of Vocational Rehabilitation setting, Emergency/Crisis Psychiatric Services;
- Start-up and ongoing management of large CRR and Group Home Programs;
- Start-up and ongoing management of Inpatient Acute Psychiatric Programs;
- Start-up and ongoing management of large Personal Care Boarding Home/Assisted Living Facility;
- Served as County MH/IDS Administrator in a medium-sized county program, including the Chairing of the Statewide Administrator Association’s Mental Health Committee.
- Currently serving on the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Office of Medical Assistance Programs’ Drug Utilization and Review Board and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
Life Experience includes:
Experienced, first hand, the trauma of having a family member, a parent, diagnosed with a serious mental illness and helping him work through the inpatient and outpatient systems in his eventually successful attempts to return to work following each episode of the illness.
Educational Background: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Clinical Psychology awarded in 1976 and 1982 respectively.